《金银岛》第三章 黑券
文章来源:未知 文章作者:enread 发布时间:2020-05-08 08:15 字体: [ ]  进入论坛
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
ater that day, I took the captain a cool drink.
那天晚些时候,我送了一杯清凉饮料到老船长屋里去。
Jim, he said,you're the only person here worth anything.
吉姆,他说,这里我只看得起你一个人。
You'll bring me some rum ,won't you, boy?
你给我拿一杯朗姆酒来好不好?
The doctor said—I began.
大夫说——我开始说。
He swore about the doctor.
他立即咒骂起大夫来。
Look, Jim, one glass is all I ask.
听着,吉姆,我只要一杯朗姆酒,
I'll pay you for it.
我可以付钱。
The only money I want, I said,is the money you owe my father.
我想要的,我说,只是你欠我父亲的钱。
But I'll get you one glass of rum ,no more.
我可以给你一杯朗姆酒,不能再多了。
He was grateful and drank it quickly.
他非常感激我,然后把酒一饮而尽。
Did the doctor say how long I must lie in my bed?he asked.
大夫说我要在床上躺多久?他问。
A week,I told him.
一个星期,我告诉他。
A week!he cried.I can't do that .They'll have the black spot on me by then.
一个星期!他嚷道,那可不行,他们会送黑券来的,
They'll come for me.
他们会来找我的。
Who will? Black Dog?I said.
谁,黑狗吗?我问。
Yes, but there's worse than him.
对,还有比他更坏的呢。
It's my old sea-chest they want,
他们想要我的水手箱,
but I'll show them!
我会给他们看的。
Jim, if I get the black spot, you go to that doctor.
吉姆,如果我搞到那张黑券,你就去找那个大夫,
Tell him to bring a crowd of law officers and a local judge to the inn.
叫他召集一群警官来,包括治安推事,叫他们都到客店来。
They can catch Flint's crew-all that are left-at the Admiral Benbow.
这样就可以把弗林特一帮全抓起来—所有余下的人。
I was Flint's first ship's officer, and I'm the only one who knows the place.
我以前是弗林特船上的大副,只有我一个人知道那个地方。
He told me when he was dying.
他临死前告诉我所有的事。
But don't call the law unless they give me the black spot,
他们给我送黑券之前,你先别去报官,
or if you see the seaman with one leg-he's worse than any of them.
除非你看见一条腿的水手——那个独脚水手是最坏的。
But what is the black spot, captain?I asked.
黑券是什么东西,老船长?我问。
That's a message, boy.
那是一条讯息,孩子。
I'll tell you if they give me that.
他们送来后我会告诉你的。
Keep your eyes open, Jim, and I'll give you half of everything I have.
你要留心守望,吉姆,我以后什么都会和你平分的。
He talked for a little longer then fell into a heavy sleep ,and I left him.
他又说了几句话就沉沉地睡去,于是我就走开了。
That night, my father died.
那天晚上我父亲死了。
This put all other thoughts to one side and I had no time to worry about the captain.
我只好把别的事情放在一边,也没有时间想到老船长了。
The next morning, the captain came downstairs.
第二天早上,老船长下楼来。
He didn't eat much food but he drank more rum than usual.
他没吃多少东西,但比平时喝了更多的朗姆酒。
He helped himself and we were too busy to stop him.
他自斟自饮,我们也无暇阻止他。
There were visits from neighbours, and my father's burial to arrange.
很多邻居和朋友过来探望,我父亲的葬礼也需要安排。
The day after the burial was cold and foggy.
我父亲葬礼的第二天,天很冷,雾很浓。
At about three oclock in the afternoon,
大约下午三点钟时,
I was standing at the door of the inn when I saw a blind man coming along the road.
我正站在客店门口,刚好看见一个瞎子沿着大路走来,
He was feeling his way with a stick.
他用一根棍子在前面探路。
Will any kind friend tell a poor blind man where he is?he said.
哪位好心的人能告诉我这儿是什么地方?他问。
You're at the Admiral Benbow inn, Black Hill Cove, my good man,I said.
我的朋友,你在布莱克希尔湾的本葆将军客店,我说。
I hear a young voice, he said.
我听见一个少年的声音,他说。
Will you give me your hand, my kind young friend ,and take me inside?
好心的孩子,你能不能把手伸给我,带我到店里去?
I held out my hand, and the terrible,
我伸出一只手,立
soft-speaking ,eyeless man took hold of it like a dog biting a bone.
刻被那个说话温和的瞎子紧紧钳住,
He pulled me vio-lently towards him.
他把我粗暴地拉到他身边。
Now ,boy,he said,take me to the captain or I'll break your arm!
现在,孩子,他说,领我到老船长那儿,否则我就弄断你的胳膊。
And I had never heard a voice so cruel and cold.
我还从来没听见过这么冷酷、狠毒的声音。
I was so frightened by the blind man's violence that I obeyed him without question,
我怕得要死,只好立刻从命,
and took, him into the room where the sick captain was sitting.
带他到生病的老船长住的房间去。
He saw the blind man and a look of fear passed across his face.
老船长看见了瞎子,脸上充满了恐惧。
Sit where you are, Bill, said the blind man.
比尔,呆在那儿别动,瞎子说。
I can't see, but I can hear a finger move.
我看不见,但我知道你的手在动,
Hold out your right hand.
伸出你的右手。
I watched him put something in the captain's hand.
我看见瞎子把一样东西放在老船长手里。
And now that's done, said the blind man, and he quickly went out of the inn.
现在事情了结了,瞎子说,然后迅速走出客店。
I heard his stick tap-tap-tapping away along the road.
大路上留下了木棍探路的嗒嗒声。
The captain opened his hand and looked into it.
老船长收回手,仔细看自己手心。
Ten oclock!he cried ,and jumped up.
10点钟!他喊道,然后跳起来。
He put his hand round his neck, made a strange sound, and fell face down on to the floor.
他一只手卡住自己的脖子,怪叫一声,扑倒在地。
I ran to him, calling to my mother .But the captain was dead.
我一边跑过去,一边喊我的母亲。但老船长已经死了。

TAG标签: 英语小说 金银岛
发表评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:点击我更换图片